Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
In the spirit of the most romantic day of the year, here’s a super sweet recipe for your sweetie (we’re so clever). If you’re looking for a no-fuss yet sentimental Valentine’s Day idea, these adorable cupcakes will surely be a hit. Whip out your baked goodies and it’ll definitely make your loved one feel special.
The ingredients are as follows:
1 1/2 cup of crushed Cookie Dough Bites
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil|
3 egg whites
8 drops red food coloring
2 containers vanilla frosting
Valentine’s Day Cupcakes Directions:
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Beat the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and egg whites together until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full with white batter.
- Stir 4 drops of red food coloring into the remaining bowl of batter to make the batter pink. Pour 1/3 of pink batter into a resealable plastic bag and set aside.
- Mix more food coloring into the remaining bowl of pink batter until it is an orange/red color and pour the batter into a resealable plastic bag. Cut a corner off the bag, stick the open tip into the center of each cup of white batter and squeeze in about two tablespoons of red batter.
- Cut the corner off the bag with the pink batter, stick the open tip into the center of the red batter and squeeze about 1 tablespoon pink batter into each cup.
- Bake the layered cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost half of the cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Mix in 3 drops of red food coloring in remaining frosting and frosting other half of cupcakes. Top with crushed Cookie Dough Bites.
Let your cutie know you appreciate them by baking them a batch of Valentine’s Day-themed cupcakes. It’s a sweet gift that you both can share. Enjoy and happy Valentine’s Day!